Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Buzzing in Glittery Fairietale Prague Land

Im in a Starbucks in Prague- loving the free wifi and the English menu. Im super hyped up on caffeine and holding my head trying to figure out tickets to Kenya to teach English at a Primary School. I have very little info about it. Im talking to travel agents, tour guides, and Masaai warriors. I have to make a decision about my ticket by tomorrow and, in a half an hour, Im meeting up with a Czech cousin I havent seen in 10 years in front of a giant statue of a horse, in a city that looks like a toy diorama of Disneyland set up by a 6 year old girl, the buildings painted candy colors, mixed in with 15th century castles with giant statues staring down at the street that seem to say "if you do anything wrong in this city, not only will big brother see, but you will also be damned to hell". Looking at the city skyline, with castles and spires and crazy colors, I half expect to see unicorns flying out of the buildings and little fairies buzzing out of the castle windows like a glittery colorful hallucination. Looking down at the streets, the people look like they were set loose into a play set and are wandering around, all knowing exactly where theyre going and undoubting.
Can you say, overwhelming?

1 comment:

  1. Overwhelming is conveyed well in that quick dizzying blog post. How do you get to Kenya from Prague? Keep having an adventure. Can't wait to hear how Hunza and Daniel are doing. I haven't seen them in even longer. Did I get their names right?

    ReplyDelete