Sunday, September 16, 2012

Micro-wave Cobbler

The bushes lining the quarter-mile driveway to my house are covered in blackberries- the baking potential is so tempting! But my kitchen consists of a mini-fridge, a micro-wave and a rice cooker.

So I made a (very delicious!) blackberry cobbler in the micro-wave. This was the second attempt. The first attempt made the micro-wave smoke and somehow made blackberries, sugar, butter and flour smell like burning truck brakes and it came out looking like a clif bar that had been sitting out in the sun for a week. But luckily the micro-wave did NOT explode, because the second attempt came out fantastic.

I now have big plans for the next few gourmet desserts I plan to make with, yes you guys got it, a mini-fridge, a micro-wave and a rice cooker. Stay tuned. This is bound to get interesting!



1 comment:

  1. Nice! It looks delectable!
    I'm thinking you could make a blackberry bread pudding in...the rice cooker!

    ReplyDelete